Monday, March 17, 2008

Leatherheads the movie and junket!

This weekend wasn't half bad, if i do say so myself.

Now before I begin my paragraphs long entry about that, can i just say i should actually be focusing on my finances, preparing as much as i can for my imminent meeting with the accountant, you know, that person heaven sent down to make the IRS return money to us? yeah, that lasted about 1.5 hours, then my mind wandered and i really needed a break. hence, this entry.

ok so back to leatherheads. now if i may admit, i am a fan of George Clooney. Sexiest Man Alive? Nah...but then again that title was bestowed a number of years ago. But even then, Dr. Doug Ross was still not for good ol' Chi-Lan. Yet this weekend, as I walk into the junket room to spend 8 minutes (timed, btw), I was kinda smitten. Now for those of you who don't know how those similar interviews are gotten by so many media outlets, please allow me to shed some light, like a 1000 watt flashlight. ka-kowwwww!

Basically speaking, junkets are set up as such: The studio contracts the main stars to be available for a day or two to be interviewed by TV and print media outlets. The talent are then put into their own respective sets, which are actually just redressed hotel rooms in 4 star hotels. Now the rooms are stripped of everything but a background and two chairs, which face each other. Lights are set up, cameras positioned, booms hung, and voila! You have a set where the talent of the film will sit for the day and talk to many, many people about the film. That's how you get the same looking content from so many different places (ie. ET, Access, TV Guide Channel, E!, etc). Now once the talent enters the room, a reporter is allowed in to ask their set of questions for a total of 4 minutes. And yes, there is a stopwatch. Since I freelance for the studio, I usually get 8 minutes to putz around and ask some questions, just for fun. It's a good time. :) I always wonder, since the star and the reporter are the ones in the room, with 2 camera operators shoved so much into the corner, you barely notice them, what happens if one of them rips one? such small quarters...valid question.

Ok, so now that you know the basics of how my day and job look, let me go on with meeting George Clooney, John Krasinski and Renee Zellweger. I have to say, all i have ever heard about dear old George is that he is incredibly smart and super nice. And you know, not a bit of it is true. Just kidding. He is really super super nice, and incredibly gracious. He doesn't seem like he's been in the spotlight for the last 30 years of his life at all. Remember him from 'Facts of Life'? I do...especially the episode where he sells this odd red bendy thing and no one knows what it is...is it a hat, a planter, a plastic scarf? comedy obviously ensued, but i flipped the channel by then. And yes, he was hot, but not loins tingling hot.

But this time, walking into that room and seeing that man standing just shy of 6' tall, salt and pepper hair, casual in a shirt and sweater, not over muscular, and lovely smile, i must say, although my undies didn't immediately rip themselves off my body, the seams were starting to tear. luckily, i was ready for such an occurrence and wore really tight pants.

And did i mention he was funny? Gawd, when it rains good luck on a child, it pours, no?

And John Krasinski...6'3" of my future husband. Now he's the adorable looking, really approachable guy from THE OFFICE. He has that great goofiness to him that make the ladies fawn over him. I was sure I would hold it together, as my type is the super buff guy that wants to enter IRONMAN competitions, so he's constantly downing the GNC 'get big' powder, or the guy who tailgates at NASCAR, in his own RV, class B, with a slightly cracked chassis. What does this tell you about me? I obviously like guys with small balls. well, as long as there's some nutmeat, i guess we can go on. always loved buying bags of nutmeats. It's not that i don't' like doing the work of shelling my own pistachio nuts, it's just you get more for your money this way, and honestly, it cuts out that useless middleman, the damn shell. *I toss a shell hard to the ground* you bastard.

Oh right, John. Now i expected him to be funny, but he was just like his character on THE OFFICE. He was super nice, funny, ironic, made fun of himself, and was just really nice, and laughed at my jokes. I loved the fact that he and i both agreed that if you had to choose between an ER doctor and Jim Halpert, paper salesman, i mean, there is no contest. Who wants to be with a doctor when you can get paper for free, and yeah, 'sexiest man alive' title was close to a decade ago. Ka-Kowww again! John was pretty funny. In fact, as he was laughing at some of the things i said, because I am hy-sterical - like hyena laughing hy-sterical. I was really praying with my heart that as he was laughing, his boxers were tearing apart as he realized he's just come face to face with his future personal assistant. Wow, is that really where my career goes? damn. Those dangerously gorgeous and glassy eyes of Jim Halpert, how they beckon I gaze into them and see my future. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that I lose all my teeth and hair.

And Rene, what can I say about her? She was really nice and fun. But honestly, wow, she is THIN! And not in a THIN IS IN sort of way. She rail, baby, like a chopstick.

all right, enough rambling about nothing, i gotta get back to my finances.

3 comments:

Brent Wheeler said...

I'm 20 years older than you and I barely remember "Facts of Life" I liked the tough girl the best... what was her name. Not Blair... ha ha. It was as goofy as the Partridge Family. I thought Susan Dey was the T.

The Telltale Moozadell said...

I'm 33 years old and remember watching the "Facts of Life" in the days before cable and Select TV. Yeah it was called Select TV back in the 80's.

"Leatherheads," reminds me of a Kevin Costner movie, "Bull Durham" except that was a baseball movie but it had the same elements. Young guy, old guy, sports and a love interest.

I am looking forward to seeing it at the Archlight on April 4th.

Unknown said...

I really like your new picture.